(and yes, I am aware of the irony of using a blog to air my opinions on this matter)
1. Eggs don't require software updates
2. Flour doesn't suddenly crash for no reason and lose your work
3. Butter doesn't get infected with 'Malware' and require you to return it to it's original form and start making the butter from scratch before you can use it again.
4. You don't need to call Customer Support when your cake doesn't rise properly, ususally it really is just your fault.
5. Cream doesn't require you to remember 100 different passwords and login names.
6. You can't get a virus from using your Kenwood Chef.
7. Recipes don't ever require expensive upgrades to remain usable.
8. You always know that a croissant takes about 15 minutes to bake, it doesn't slow down or speed up based on how many other people are 'baking' (i.e. downloading)
9. Talking to a tech support rep who cannot speak a word of English is not necessary when I am having trouble aerating a sponge.
10. Eggs, flour, butter and sugar don't have complicated moving parts that require expensive reapirs.