Friday, July 24, 2009

Cook books I'm loving at the moment

Just a short one this time!

"Ripailles" - fanstastic french cook book, not dumbed down at all, full of classic and somewhat scary (veal kidneys fried in their own fat!) recipes. Not to mention some of the traditional french dishes and pastries - Cassoulet, eclairs etc. Artery clogging goodness :-)

"Maggie's Harvest" - by Maggie Beer Best.Cookbook.Ever. enough said.

"Margaret Fulton's encyclopedia of Food & Cookery" - great for those times when I have an ingredient I don't know what to do with (Okra, most recently) and some of those classic dishes grandma used to make :)

"A Day at El Bulli" - there is no way I will ever be able to prepare the recipes in this book but it's good to dream!

"Italian Local" by Tobie Puttock - good, yummy and relatively simple dishes by Jamie Oliver's Aussie right hand man.

And... every issue I own of Gourmet Traveller.

I could go on but it would keep me here all day and frankly, I'm hungry. Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Maggie's Harvest is pretty wonderful isn't it? my favourite recepie so far is the lamb neck with quinces and i love her kale ribollita at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should bring some over on a Saturday, then we can write a list and go to the Sunday Markets and stock up! And Cook on a Sunday afternoon! I go to the markets every week!

    ReplyDelete